Enjoyed lunch with Rahul and PM: tweets Bilawal Bhutto (Lead)April 8th, 2012 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Bilawal Bhutto, the 24-year-old son of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari who came to India Sunday on his maiden visit, said he enjoyed lunch with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi and that both the countries can learn a lot from each other.
An avid tweeter like most young people Bilawal, shortly after landing in New Delhi, tweeted peace greetings for India.
“India Peace be with you. I have just landed in Delhi. 1st ever visit,” Bilawal said on micro-blogging site twitter, a little while after his aircraft touched down at Palam airport at noon.
As soon as he landed in Jaipur, before heading for Ajmer, Bilawal tweeted his appreciation of the lunch.
“Prez n I enjoyed lunch with Rahul Gandhi and PM Singh. Lovely meal. Much to learn from each other,” he said.
Bilawal, dressed in a black pathani suit, was seen standing behind his father as Zardari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addressed the media after their talks.
Bilawal accompanied his father and other members of the Pakistani delegation for lunch at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s 7, Race Course Road, residence.
After the lunch meeting, President Zardari headed for Ajmer to offer prayers at the shrine of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
- Table for 20 at PM's luncheon for Zardari (With Image) - Apr 08, 2012
- India peace be with you: tweets Bilawal Bhutto - Apr 08, 2012
- PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets Sushma - Apr 08, 2012
- Rahul accepts Bilawal's invite to visit Pakistan - Apr 08, 2012
- Would be very happy to visit Pakistan: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari arrives in Ajmer, heads for dargah - Apr 08, 2012
- Manmohan, Zardari to discuss 'important' issues - Apr 07, 2012
- Sarabjit's kin in Ajmer, seek his release - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistan President Zardari arrives in India with large delegation - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistan hails Indian bail to doctor - Apr 09, 2012
- Bilawal strikes a chord with open body language - Apr 08, 2012
- President Zardari returns home after Indian pilgrimage - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari leaves for India - Apr 08, 2012
- Send Chisty to Pakistan, Zardari tells Manmohan - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, bhutto, chisti, delegation, general secretary, india india, jaipur, lunch meeting, maiden visit, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, peace greetings, prayers, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rahul gandhi, sufi saint, tweeter, tweets