England retain same side for Trent Bridge TestMay 23rd, 2012 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 23 (IANS/CMC) England have named an unchanged 13-man squad for the second Test against the West Indies, starting at Trent Bridge Friday.
Chief selector Geoff Miller said he was pleased with the team’s five-wicket win at Lord’s in the opening Test which finished Monday, and was expecting the side to sustain their performance in the second match.
“There were some very impressive performances across all five days of the first Test both from individuals and the team as a whole and we were made to work hard for the first victory of the summer,” Miller said.
“We know the West Indies will again prove challenging opposition and our squad will be looking forward to preparing for another tough match later this week.”
England, led by Andrew Strauss, are scheduled to travel to Nottingham and will start their preparations Wednesday.
The final Test is scheduled for Birmingham June 7-11.
Squad: Andrew Strauss (captain), James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow, Ian Bell, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Alastair Cook, Steven Finn, Graham Onions, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Graeme Swann, Jonathan Trott.
- Uncapped Bairstow included in England Test squad - May 13, 2012
- Bell part of Lions squad to face Windies - May 06, 2012
- Panesar, Davies return to England squad - Dec 09, 2011
- Ravi Bopara replaces injured Trott in third Test - Aug 06, 2011
- England announce unchanged squad for Oval Test - Aug 14, 2011
- Broad retains his place, Bresnan recalled in England squad - Jul 17, 2011
- Pietersen left out of England Test squad for India tour - Sep 18, 2012
- England squad unchanged for third Test against Pakistan - Aug 16, 2010
- Morgan in England's Test side, to miss IPL play-offs - May 22, 2011
- England squad unchanged for Edgbaston Test against Pakistan - Aug 03, 2010
- Samuels and Sammy can bail us out again, says Rampaul - May 28, 2012
- England elect to bat in third ODI against India - Oct 20, 2011
- England rest Anderson for ODI series in India - Sep 27, 2011
- Panesar, Tremlett recalled in England's 16-man squad for Ashes - Sep 24, 2010
- Samuels has proven his point, says Gibson - May 29, 2012
Tags: alastair cook, andrew strauss, bairstow, bresnan, captain james, cmc, final test, first test, first victory, geoff miller, impressive performances, james anderson, kevin pietersen, man squad, second test, swann, trent bridge, trott, west indies, wicket