England eves crush India in Taunton ODISeptember 2nd, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 2 (IANS) Indian eves were handed a crushing 10-wicket defeat by England in the second cricket one-dayer at Taunton.Indian batsmen were bundled out for a meagre 102 runs which England openers — Sarah Taylor (75) and Caroline Atkins (24) reached in 24.3 overs. England thus took a 2-0 lead in the five-match series.
Indian captain Mithali Raj chose to take first strike but the batsmen collapsed like a pack of cards. England bowlers were in control from start as Katherine Brunt (3-14) and Holly Colvin (4-20) demolished the visitors.
India slipped to 11 for 4 after 13 overs with Brunt doing most of the damage.
Only Mithali stood bravely scoring 53 runs. After Brunt and Isha Guha (1-12) ran through the top order, Colvin cleaned up the tail.
Needing just 103 for victory, Taylor and Atkins played comfortably. Taylor become the youngest woman to pass 1000 ODI runs. She hit seven fours and a six as the victory came inside 25 overs.
India had lost the first match by eight wickets. The teams again meet at Taunton Thursday
- Jhulan to lead India in first two ODIs against England - Feb 15, 2010
- Narine delighted with form in wake of England slump - Jul 03, 2012
- Dravid gears up for his ODI swan song at Cardiff - Sep 15, 2011
- England holds it nerve to win third women World Cup title - Mar 22, 2009
- Cook, Kieswetter power England to victory in second ODI (Third Lead) - Sep 07, 2011
- I seized the opportunity: Sunil Narine - Jul 16, 2012
- Mithali Raj jumps to second spot after stellar World Cup performance - Mar 13, 2009
- We are backing ourselves to chase any total: Dhoni - Oct 21, 2011
- U-19 World Cup: India face New Zealand for place in final (Preview) - Aug 22, 2012
- Australia beat England on boundary countback - May 06, 2010
- Broad promises relentless short ball attack on India - Sep 05, 2011
- Indias Mithali Raj, two others in ICC Womens World Cup 2009 Team - Mar 23, 2009
- Top performers named in provisional squads for ICC Womens World Cup 2009 - Jan 13, 2009
- Ranji Trophy: Gujarat thrash Delhi, Baroda beat MP - Nov 13, 2011
- Bowling needs to improve: Dhoni - Sep 07, 2011