England determined to bounce back: BroadDecember 22nd, 2008 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, Dec 22 (IANS) England pacer Stuart Broad said Monday that the visitors can still bounce back on the final day to win the second cricket Test against India.After the fourth day’s play at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium, India were 134 for four and took a lead of 285 runs.
“We still have a good chance Tuesday morning. We will just try to get some wickets to keep the Indian total at the minimum. Less total on board will also put less pressure on our batsmen,” said Broad.
“Taking the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar early had put us in comfortable position at one point of the game. But we are still determined to bounce back by taking some early wickets,” he added.
On danger man Yuvraj Singh, Broad said: “Yuvraj is a wonderful player. Our focus will be on getting him out as early as possible. We are working hard, we just need a couple of quick wickets.”
Broad made a come back in this Test match after recuperating from an injury.
“My own strategy is to keep patience. I just try to maintain the right line and length and right action. I am enjoying playing test cricket and want to take some more wickets in future,” he said.
- Second Test: Dravid, Yuvraj take India to 215 for four (Tea report) - Jul 30, 2011
- Dravid's ton, Broad's hat-trick leaves second Test evenly poised (Roundup) - Jul 31, 2011
- Strauss hoping his pacers will bowl with accuracy - Jul 15, 2011
- India can draw inspiration from Nottingham win four years ago (Preview) - Jul 28, 2011
- Hat-trick won't mean much if we lose: Broad - Jul 31, 2011
- Gilchrist expects good show from Kings XI against Super Kings - Apr 12, 2011
- Balance and execution, the key: NSW coach - Oct 03, 2011
- Broad not an enforcer, should create pressure: Flower - Jul 19, 2011
- Sammy eyeing fight-back in Trinidad Test - Apr 14, 2012
- Win against South Africa will take us far: Strauss - Mar 06, 2011
- Surprised that India chose to bat: Edwards - Jun 21, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals thrash Kings XI Punjab by 43 runs (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Anderson takes five, England beat India by 196 runs (Roundup) - Jul 26, 2011
- Fab Four have to fire together in Australia: Yuvraj - Jan 11, 2012
- Dutch conquered, Smith now worried about Ireland - Mar 03, 2011