England cricketers go shopping in ChandigarhDecember 18th, 2008 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 17 (IANS) It proved an acid test for the police’s security management for visiting England cricketers when some of the guest team players Wednesday evening suddenly decided to go out for shopping here.The cricketers, including Andrew Flintoff, Alastair Cook, Monty Panesar, Stephen Harmison, Andrew Strauss and Stuart Broad, went out of their Taj Hotel rooms to Sector 17 shopping plazas.
“Although we had information that England team players can go for shopping, we were not sure about it. Nevertheless, we were well prepared to provide a foolproof security cover to the players,” a police officer told IANS.
The players “went inside the outlets of various sportswear and bought T-shirts and jackets”, the officer said.
Scores of cricket fans gathered outside the shops to have a glimpse of their favourite cricket stars.
Earlier in the morning, England team took part in the net practice session at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium in Mohali, around 10 km from here.
- Pietersen left out of England Test squad for India tour - Sep 18, 2012
- Panesar, Davies return to England squad - Dec 09, 2011
- England to call former cricketers for World No.1 celebrations - Aug 18, 2011
- England will stay No.1 for a long time: Harminson - Oct 08, 2011
- England likely to recall Bell for third test, Harmy may retire after Ashes - Jul 26, 2009
- Panesar, Tremlett recalled in England's 16-man squad for Ashes - Sep 24, 2010
- England 5/0 in second innings, lead by 193 runs - Jul 24, 2011
- England captain Strauss retires from professional cricket - Aug 29, 2012
- Strauss hails Flintoff as 'the ultimate impact cricketer' - Sep 17, 2010
- Hughes will make England pay for taunting him: Langer - Dec 10, 2010
- Three different skippers will prove beneficial: Flower - Oct 02, 2011
- England can replace ageing India as top Test side: Vaughan - Dec 31, 2010
- England must dominate all forms of game to be declared a great team: Pringle - Jan 09, 2011
- England to bowl first against India in third Test - Aug 10, 2011
- Cook, Broad, Strauss to split England captaincy - May 05, 2011