Engineering student commits suicide in Uttar PradeshSeptember 15th, 2009 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 15 (IANS) A first-year engineering student committed suicide Sunday by jumping from the fourth floor of her college building here, police said.
Poonam Mishra, was a first-year student of Azad Institute of Engineering and Technology. No suicide note has been recovered, police added.
“The incident took place late Sunday afternoon. Mishra, after attending a couple of classes, went to the fourth floor and jumped from there. We are investigating the matter,” inspector Abhishek Sirohi of Sarojini Nagar police station told IANS.
Students of the collage said that Mishra was a mediocre student and this might be the reason behind the extreme step.
“She was from Jaunpur district and her English was very poor. Because of this, she never used to interact with any of us and was also depressed due to this,” a classmate of Mishra told IANS preferring anonymity.
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Depressed student commits suicide in Bhopal - Sep 23, 2011
- Man kills self in mall - Jun 26, 2011
- Distressed over result, Class 12 student ends life - May 24, 2011
- 70-year-old man under debt jumps to death - Jan 25, 2011
- Sri Lankan student found hanging in hostel room - Jan 19, 2012
- AIDS patient commits suicide - Jul 31, 2011
- Man jumps from building, dies (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Non-resident Indian woman jumps to death from 14th floor - Dec 18, 2011
- Student commits suicide by jumping off Metro station - Feb 15, 2011
- Police hunt for Facebook lover for girlfriend's suicide - Sep 22, 2011
- Man jumps off highrise, dies - Apr 27, 2011
- Track record (To go with Metro suicide story) - Mar 13, 2012
- Varsity student assaulted, made to consume liquor - Sep 19, 2011
- Rebuked, student commits suicide - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: anonymity, classmate, collage, committed suicide, engineering student, extreme step, first year engineering, late sunday afternoon, mediocre student, mishra, police station, sirohi, student commits suicide, suicide note