Emirates jet makes emergency landing in PerthOctober 16th, 2008 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Oct 16 (DPA) An Air Emirates flight to Dubai returned to Perth Thursday and made an emergency landing in the Australian city after experiencing a “technical issue”.The Airbus 340-500 carrying 122 passengers landed safely two and a half hours after taking off from Perth.
Malcolm Bradshaw, spokesman for the Westralia Airports Corp., and the owner of Perth’s airport said there had been a “technical issue” aboard Flight EK425. He could not confirm reports the crew reported smoke in the cockpit.
“The plane informed air traffic control it was returning, and the plane landed safely,” Bradshaw said. “All passengers and crew are safe.”
Five ambulances met the plane on the tarmac, Australia’s AAP news agency reported.
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's cooperation (Evening Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Super jumbo makes emergency landing at Hyderabad airport - Oct 23, 2011
- Air India relief plane returns, India lauds Pakistan's help but passengers miffed (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Qantas' woes continue, jet returns to Sydney - Nov 15, 2010
- Turkish Airways plane goes off runway in Mumbai during heavy rainfall - Sep 03, 2011
- Qantas Airways' engine crisis continues - Nov 13, 2010
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Jul 27, 2011
- Air France plane has 30 wing screws missing, Chinese mechanics being blamed - Nov 25, 2011
- NTSB investigating wing clipping incident at New York's JFK airport - Apr 13, 2011
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Pilots 'almost pass out' after taking off - Jan 09, 2012
- Qantas jet forced down with potential wing flap problem - Jan 06, 2011
- Another Qantas plane makes emergency landing - Nov 13, 2010
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Now, Qantas 747 forced to return back to Sydney following electrical system problem - Nov 15, 2010