Emirates cuts fares in some sectors after oil price fallAugust 24th, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 24 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) national carrier Emirates airline has announced reduction in fares to 20 cities in the Middle East, Gulf, Far East and Europe.Lower fares are being implemented on more than 30 flights to destinations in Europe, Far East and the Middle East including Manila, Dhaka, Jakarta, London Gatwick, and China, according to an Emirates statement.
The airline’s move comes in the wake of recent softening of oil prices.
“We are glad to be able to revise some of our fares with the recent lowering of fuel prices,” Adnan Kazim, the Dubai-based airline’s senior vice-president commercial operations for Gulf, Middle East and Iran, said in the statement.
“Although fuel prices have fallen gradually in recent weeks, it is still some 60 percent above the average price per barrel in 2007,” he said.
He, however, added that high fuel prices continued to be a big challenge for Emirates, and that the airline was monitoring the situation closely.
Emirates fares from Dubai to Cairo, Beirut, Damascus and Amman will go down by four percent.
Travellers in the Middle East will also see lower fares on Emirates flights to points in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
The GCC includes Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
The airline currently operates flights to 101 cities across six continents.
In the Middle East and GCC, its network covers 15 cities with over 200 flights weekly.
- Emirates Airlines to launch new flight to Washington - Mar 18, 2012
- Emirates offers special fares for Ramadan - Jul 19, 2011
- Egypt Air strikes out Israel from route map - Mar 26, 2011
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- Flydubai to start flights to Lucknow, Coimbatore, Chandigarh - Jun 24, 2009
- Toshiba Elevator sets up unit in Middle East - Nov 29, 2011
- Hefty increase in air fares ahead of Onam in Kerala - Aug 26, 2011
- Egypt's first low-cost carrier takes to the air - Jun 02, 2010
- Culture, education helping Arab-China relations: UAE daily - Dec 30, 2011
- Emirates launches new US flights - Feb 03, 2012
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- Regional security, development to feature in GCC summit - Dec 04, 2010
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- Sweden eyes stronger ties with UAE - Dec 26, 2010