Emergency cell to tackle cyber crimes set up: ministerApril 16th, 2008 - 9:56 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) In the wake of increasing incidents of cyber crime, the central government has formulated Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) to provide reactive and proactive support to counter cyber crimes in the country. “The home ministry is implementing a project called Common Integrated Police Application (CIPA) in all states in a phased manner as part of the modernisation of police force,” Minister of State for Home Affairs Sriprakash Jaiswal told parliament in a written reply Wednesday.
There has been dramatic increase in the incidents of economic frauds through phishing, e-mail scams, piracy and data thefts on targeted organisations and network infrastructures and countries using internet services.
The focus of the scheme, which is supplementing the efforts of the state governments, is on strengthening the police infrastructure by way of construction of police stations, equipping the police with the required mobility, modern weaponry, communication equipments, forensic set-up, computerisation etc.
- Govt. favours cyber monitoring to track terror network - Jul 27, 2010
- Over 380 phishing incidents from January to October - Nov 25, 2011
- Akhilesh calls for better security infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Home Ministry urges State Government to curb cyber crimes more effectively - Apr 16, 2008
- Over 130 government Web sites hacked during January-March 2012 - Apr 25, 2012
- Akhilesh calls for more police recruitment, better security infrastructure - Apr 16, 2012
- Cyber crime detection camp for Gurgaon cops - Jun 20, 2012
- Need greater vigilance against cyber crime: PM - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Link cyber terrorism to India's overall counter-terror capabilities' - May 16, 2012
- India creating architecture to ensure cyber security: NSA - May 16, 2012
- Don't let social media fan communal flames: PM (Second Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- India, US sign accord to secure their cyber spaces (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Rising phishing cases open career prospects for ethical hackers - Jul 24, 2011
- Cyber warfare: Indian Army boosts its defences - Jul 18, 2010
- Terrorists use Internet as most potent tool for recruitment, says Pillai - Mar 07, 2011