Emami Q4 profit jumps 32.6 percentMay 8th, 2012 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 8 (IANS) Emami Group Tuesday reported a consolidated net profit of Rs.723.70 million for the quarter ended March 31, as compared to Rs.545.70 million in the same period last year - a jump of 32.6 percent.
The total income of the Kolkata-based group increased to Rs.4,238.20 million for the quarter under review from Rs.3,623.30 million for the corresponding period last year, the company told the Bombay Stock Exchange.
“Emami continued to record substantial growth from its power brands like Navratna Oil, Boroplus antiseptic cream, Zandu Balm, Menthoplus Balm and Fair and Handsome. Brand extension Navratna Extra Thanda Oil also did extremely well,” said a company statement.
The group’s international business was impacted due to defocusing of low margin products and also degrowth in a few African markets such as Kenya, Angola, Morocco, Algeria and Libya, the statement added.
- Emami to open plants in Bangladesh and Egypt - Jul 06, 2012
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- Emami plans big foray into Africa in cash crops, power - May 11, 2010
- Emami plans big foray into Ethiopia, other African countries (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Malaika teams up with Suriya, Junior NTR for Zandu Balm ad - Dec 14, 2010
- Dhanush denies brand association with Emami Navratna - Feb 15, 2012
- Emami Sues Dabangg Producer! - Sep 20, 2010
- Emami to launch babycare products, buy Egyptian healthcare unit - Aug 01, 2010
- Big B endorses Max New Life Insurance - Sep 26, 2009
- Zandu Balm Unites Jr NTR And Suriya With Munni - Dec 14, 2010
- Emami eyes 15 percent share in packaged edible oil market - Aug 19, 2010
- Emami plans for Rs.5,000 crore turnover in five years - Dec 31, 2009
- Emami to demerge realty, Zandu Pharma unit - Jun 19, 2009
- Emami ropes in Dhoni, Preity Zinta as brand ambassadors - Feb 03, 2010
- Emami scouting domestic and overseas acquisitions - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: 30 million, african markets, algeria, angola, antiseptic cream, bombay stock exchange, emami group, international business, libya, margin products, morocco, net profit, power brands, quarter ended march, substantial growth