Email forces Cameron to reshoot ‘Titanic’ 3D sceneApril 2nd, 2012 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 2 (IANS) James Cameron reshot a scene of his “Titanic” 3D venture after an astronomer pointed out that the stars were in the wrong place as the ship sank.
It involved a scene showing Rose lying on a piece of driftwood after American astronomer Neil deGrasse Tyson sent him a “snarky” email.
Tyson said the original film had a wrong star field for the time and date, 4.20 a.m. on April 15, 1912, which Cameron should have known better.
Cameron challenged him to send the exact star map and has now included it in the relaunched 3D version of the blockbuster film, the Telegraph reported.
“So I said ‘All right, send me the right stars for that exact time and I’ll put it in the movie,’” said Cameron, which Tyson obviously did.
It is the only major technical change to the drama, which will hit British cinemas Friday.
- 3-D 'Titanic' to release in April 2012 - Jul 06, 2010
- Lebanese families remember loved ones on Titanic - Apr 17, 2012
- James Cameron Plans A 'Titanic' 3-D Release In April 2012 - Jul 07, 2010
- Kate Winslet's nude 'Titanic' sketch to go under the hammer - Apr 03, 2011
- Censoring takes 3D 'Titanic' fun out for Chinese - Apr 11, 2012
- James Cameron to help in Chinese 3D film - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D -- Indian fans excited, experts doubtful - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D: Indian fans excited, experts doubtful (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Movie goers' thumbs up to 'Titanic 3D', earns Rs.6.1 crore - Apr 09, 2012
- Censor clears 'Titanic 3D' without cuts - Mar 30, 2012
- Cameron tapped for China's 3D film - Apr 22, 2012
- The `secret' blunder that sank the Titanic - Sep 22, 2010
- Men dump chivalry to flee sinking ships - Apr 15, 2012
- 100-year-old Chinese book mentioned Titanic - Apr 10, 2012
- Chinese shipyard to build Titanic II - May 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,