Eloped couple brought back to DelhiJuly 11th, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) A teenager couple who had eloped have been brought back here from Haryana, while their neighbour who had facilitated their escape has been arrested, police said Monday.
“We received a complaint that a 17-year-old girl had been kidnapped by a boy who resides in the neighbourhood at Raghu Nagar in west Delhi June 9,” said a senior police officer.
During investigation, police found that the accused boy was a minor and was missing from his house along with Rs.25 lakh after a quarrel a week ago with his step-brother and father.
Police also found that a neighbour, Surender was also missing from his rented house, which was close to the boy’s house.
“As the boy had run away with a huge amount of cash, there was a strong apprehension that Surender could eliminate both the boy and the girl for money,” said the officer.
Police launched a massive manhunt to trace Surender. After several raids, Surender was nabbed from his relative’s home in Yamuna Nagar in Haryana Sunday and the girl along with her juvenile paramour were also found there.
During examination, the girl told the police that she was in love with the boy for the last one year but their families were against their relationship.
“They used to meet secretly at Surender’s residence. Last week, the boy was beaten by his father and step-brother alleging that he has stolen Rs.25 lakh from the house. After that, they decided to run away from their houses,” said the officer.
Police said that the couple left their houses and reached Surender’s house and forced him to help them.
“Initially, Surender refused and scolded them but when they insisted, he helped them and took them to his relative’s house in Yamuna Nagar,” said the officer, adding that the sum stolen by the boy had also been recovered.
- Woman, lover arrested for killing brother - Feb 06, 2011
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Girl elopes, father and brother commit suicide - Nov 26, 2011
- Man hires friends to kill sister - Jun 08, 2011
- Ex-IAF officer killed (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Boy found semi-nude in girl's room lynched - Jul 19, 2010
- Eloped couple's bodies found on railway track - Jan 05, 2011
- Parents kill three kids, themselves over property dispute - Sep 14, 2012
- 'Abducted' Delhi school girls found in Uttarakhand - Mar 26, 2011
- Borther cries foul, woman unable to bear boy child dies - Oct 20, 2011
- Five-year-old kidnapped in Chandigarh - Dec 23, 2010
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Civil services aspirant commits suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- V-Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: apprehension, haryana, lakh, love, massive manhunt, money, neighbour, neighbourhood, New Delhi, old girl, paramour, police officer, quarrel, relationship, step brother, surender, teenager, west delhi