Electrotherm’s bike division posts Rs.200 mn revenueOctober 28th, 2008 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Oct 28 (IANS) The bike division of the multi-product company Electrotherm India Ltd (EIL) has posted revenues of Rs.200 million in the July-September period this year, compared to Rs.130 million in the previous quarter.During the quarter under review, the company reported a 54 percent increase in the sale of Yo-bikes, the electric model that has no petrol engine, gear box, carburetor, kick starter and silencer.
Yo-bikes operate with lead acid sealed batteries.
“We are all excited about the development,” EIL chief financial officer Naveen Nakra said, referring to the quarter results.
EIL launched its first electric scooter in 2006. Recently, it launched in Ahmedabad Yo-Speed, a high speed version of e-bike.
It has since developed electric three-wheeler as well as two prototypes of hybrid electric bus which are under testing. The company is also setting up a manufacturing facility for producing motors for the electric vehicles.
During the second quarter, EIL’s special steel division has posted 80 percent revenue growth while the engineering and projects division has reported 58 percent growth.
However, this performance has been overshadowed by steep hikes in manufacturing costs.
The virtual doubling of manufacturing costs is certainly a “source of worry” but the management is focused on controlling costs, Nakra said.
- Electrotherm launches innovative casters - May 16, 2011
- Electrotherm to demerge electric vehicles division - Nov 21, 2008
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro upbeat despite flat IT growth - Oct 31, 2011
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Wipro looks for growth in new geographies (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- MindTree net zooms 135 percent in second quarter - Oct 17, 2011
- Wipro net flat in second quarter - Oct 31, 2011
- Wipro forecasts flat IT growth in fourth quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- Infosys ups revenue guidance marginally for this fiscal - Jul 12, 2011
- MindTree net dips 43 percent yearly, recovers sequentially - Jan 18, 2011
- MindTree net dips 40 percent yearly, recovers sequentially (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- infosys revenue guidance dips on negative growth (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012