Electrotherm launches new e-bikeJanuary 6th, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Jan 6(IANS) Engineering firm Electrotherm, which manufactures the electric bike YO Byke, Tuesday launched another battery-operated two-wheeler, the Yoelectron.Addressing the media at the launch, Electrotherm chairman and managing director Mukesh Bhandari said the success of its YOSmart in the 250W category goaded the company to come out with another premium model.
Yoelectron is a battery-operated zero-pollution vehicle that can run up to 75 km per charge, and can cover 700 km Rs.50, Bhandari said. The 250W motor vehicle with a 25 km per hour top speed has been cleared by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), Pune.
The two variants of the new model cost Rs.28,500 and Rs.29,000, depending on the colour scheme.
Electrotherm was the first company to launch electric two-wheeler in India under the brand name YO Bykes six years ago.
- Hero Electric targets 75 percent growth next fiscal - Mar 15, 2009
- Government approves plan to promote hybrid vehicles - Aug 29, 2012
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Fifty new vehicle launches at Auto Expo 2012 - Dec 21, 2011
- Indian auto industry in top gear despite global gloom (Flashback 2009) - Dec 25, 2009
- Bosch to invest Rs.2,200 crore to ramp up production - Jan 04, 2012
- Electrotherm to demerge electric vehicles division - Nov 21, 2008
- Mahindra Group unveils electric car - Jan 07, 2012
- E-bike makers foresee big market, adopt different planks - Jun 15, 2008
- Mahindra may delay XUV500 export to meet local demand - Oct 08, 2011
- Soon, used electric car batteries to generate cheap household power - Jul 30, 2010
- Chinese automaker to develop electric car with US partner - Apr 26, 2012
- Exide to expand in two, four-wheeler batteries - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Urbanisation, increasing demand challenge for auto sector' - Oct 06, 2011
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012