Election expenses for Maharashtra civic polls hikedJanuary 4th, 2012 - 12:28 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 3 (IANS) Maharashtra’s state Election Commission Tuesday significantly enhanced the expense limits for the forthcoming civic, zila parishad and gram panchayat elections.
The decision was announced by state election commissioner Neela Satyanarayan after she announced the schedules for the zila parishad and gram panchayat (Feb 7) and civic bodies poll (Feb 16), across the state.
For the A-grade Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), the expense limit has been hiked from Rs.135,000 to Rs.500,000. Each candidate in B-grade corporations like Pune and Nagpur will now be able to spend Rs.400,000 from the existing limit of only Rs.100,000.
For C-grade municipal corporations like Thane, Nashik, Pimpri-Chinchwad, the limit has been increased from Rs.100,000 to Rs.400,000.
Similarly, it will be Rs.300,000 (from existing Rs.100,000) in D-grade civic bodies like Ulhasnagar, Solapur, Akola and Amravati.
In the Zila Parishad elections, a new expense limit, from existing Rs.60,000 to Rs.300,000 has been allowed while for Gram Panchayat Samitis, it has been upped from Rs.40,000 to Rs.200,000.
In yet another major relief, the travel expenses of important leaders or star campaigners would not be included in the election expenses of the candidate for whom they campaign during the elections.
All contesting candidates would be required to submit the day’s expense accounts related to polls and campaigning by 2 p.m. the following day.
- Court strikes down Maharashtra caste panels - May 04, 2012
- Uncertainty over simultaneous counting of votes for civic bodies' polls - Jan 11, 2012
- Broke Maharashtra civic body demands funds to conduct polls - Jan 04, 2012
- Rajasthan's targets 400,000 new jobs this year - Aug 13, 2012
- Maharashtra Congress ties up with Dalit party - Jan 29, 2012
- President's son quizzed over Rs.1 crore seizure - Feb 21, 2012
- Himachal all set to empower rural women - Dec 25, 2010
- Maharashtra opposition wants simultaneous counting of votes - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Communication gap' led to Rs.1 cr seizure, says Patil's son (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- BJP eyeing Nashik mayor's post with MNS support - Feb 24, 2012
- 'Piranha 3DD' - overdose of the terrible (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 16, 2012
- MCD polls have lost their carnival spirit: Contestants - Apr 05, 2012
- Haryana declares holiday for panchayat elections - Jun 24, 2010
- Maharashtra gears up for civic polls - Jan 04, 2012
- Mixed trends in Maharashtra civic poll count - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: akola, amravati, bmc, campaigning, civic bodies, civic polls, election commissioner, election expenses, gram panchayat, municipal corporations, panchayat elections, pimpri chinchwad, pune, rs 200, rs 40, rs 500, star campaigners, state election commission, travel expenses, zila parishad