Election Commission to review poll preparedness in Lucknow, PatnaMarch 3rd, 2009 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 3 (IANS) After announcing the five-phase voting dates for the Lok Sabha elections, the three-member Election Commission of India will leave Wednesday to review poll preparedness in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
“The full Election Commission will be leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) evening for Lucknow to undertake review of preparation for the general election in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday. Thereafter, they will reach Patna on Friday,” said a statement issued here Tuesday.
Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami and two Election Commissioners Navin Chawla and S.Y. Quraishi will be back in Delhi Saturday.
Elections in Uttar Pradesh will be held in five phases, beginning April 16, while Bihar will witness a four-phase poll process. The votes will be counted May 16.
- Election commissioners to visit Lucknow Friday - Jan 05, 2012
- Dates for assembly polls within next few days: Quraishi - Dec 16, 2011
- Poll panel to review preparations in West Bengal, Orissa - Mar 18, 2009
- Quraishi to review Uttar Pradesh poll preparedness - Nov 27, 2011
- Election panel reviews poll preparedness in Bihar - Sep 20, 2010
- Cover all statues of Mayawati, BSP symbol: Quraishi (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Election commissioners begin two-day Bihar visit - Mar 06, 2009
- Poll chief seeks parity in removal process of commissioners - Jan 27, 2010
- Election commissioner rules out early poll in Assam - Jun 02, 2010
- Election Commission to give tips to Jordan - Mar 17, 2012
- Liberal distribution of firearms licences in Uttar Pradesh a concern: CEC - Nov 28, 2011
- Poll panel satisfied with Bihar poll arrangements - Sep 22, 2010
- Election Commission in Kolkata to review poll preparedness - Apr 28, 2011
- Chief Election Commissioner reviews election preparedness in Assam - Mar 07, 2011
- AGP unhappy with Assam poll schedule, Congress welcomes it - Mar 02, 2011