Elderly man murdered in DelhiNovember 20th, 2008 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) An elderly man was found murdered in his shop on the ground floor of his apartment block in Dilshad Garden in north-east Delhi late Wednesday night, police said.Pawan Kumar Singla was found lying in a pool of blood in his shop by his wife at around 2.30 a.m. when she went to look for him as he had not returned home as usual after midnight. He was rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
His wife told the police that she went to look for him when he did not return home and found that the shop’s shutters were down but unlocked. When she went in, she found him lying in a pool of blood.
Police suspect that the murder could be a case of personal enmity as no cash was missing from the shop. Initial investigations suggest that Singla was hit on the head with a blunt object resulting in his death.
The police have registered a case in Seemapuri police station and a hunt is on to nab the assailants.
- Youth shot dead near new house - May 31, 2011
- Journalist shot, succumbs in hospital - Aug 05, 2011
- Refused money for liquor, man kills wife - Feb 17, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Woman found killed in her Delhi house, husband suspect - Apr 28, 2012
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Man found dead in mysterious circumstances - Apr 12, 2011
- Alcoholic man kills wife - Oct 29, 2011
- Murder over screwdriver in capital - Jan 11, 2011
- Three held for killing biker - Jul 30, 2011
- Man arrested for murdering creditor - Jul 16, 2011
- AIDS patient commits suicide - Jul 31, 2011
- Husband, wife arrested for murder - Jun 22, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Youth killed by friend - Apr 23, 2012