Elderly man dies after visit to police stationAugust 28th, 2012 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) A 70-year-old man died of heart attack suffered at a police station here during a meeting to resolve an assault, police said Monday. A probe has been ordered.
Dharam Chand, a resident of Sultanpuri in north Delhi, died after visiting the Sarojini Nagar police station Aug 25.
The physical assault case was lodged by one of his daughters-in-law against his two son.
He had gone to the police station with his two sons to try and reach a settlement with the complainant.
“Dharam Chand was not an accused in the case but he was called for a compromise in the dispute. He suddenly complained of chest pain,” said the officer. He died in hospital.
An enquiry into the matter has been set up to ascertain the exact sequence of events, he said.
- Sons, daughters-in-law arrested for parading widowed mother half naked - Aug 24, 2012
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Man held for sodomising, killing minor - Apr 12, 2011
- Pilot's wife commits suicide, police suspect dowry death - Feb 19, 2012
- SP leader's son stabs youth - Mar 22, 2012
- Kanda got clean chit in 2008 assault case - Aug 25, 2012
- Two farmers murdered in Ghaziabad - Aug 29, 2010
- Bihar student's suicide: rights body seeks report - Sep 07, 2012
- Murder case solved after two months - Jan 14, 2011
- Court orders police action on lawyer's assault - Feb 16, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- Man receives his death certificate! - Jan 21, 2011
- Man held for impersonating as judicial officer - Jun 14, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: assault case, assault police, chest pain, complainant, compromise, daughters in law, elderly man, enquiry, exact sequence, heart attack, New Delhi, north delhi, old man, physical assault, police station, sarojini nagar, sequence of events