Elderly couple found murdered in DelhiMay 26th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) An elderly couple was found murdered in their south Delhi home Monday and the prime suspect, their domestic help, was missing, police said. Ashok Goel and his wife Lata were found in a pool of blood in their Neeti Bagh residence at around 11 a.m.
Ashok was a retired official of the five-star Taj Mahal Hotel of the capital.
“We found the Goel couple dead in their house. Their throats were slit,” H.G.S. Dhaliwal, the deputy commissioner of police (south Delhi), told reporters.
He said the house had been ransacked and domestic help Mukesh Yadav was missing.
“We have sent the bodies for post-mortem examination,” Dhaliwal said.
The shocking incident comes days after teenage girl Aarushi Talwar was found murdered in her flat in Noida on the outskirt of Delhi May 13. Her father Rajesh Talwar has been arrested by police and charged with killing her and their domestic help Hemraj.
The capital has recently witnessed a rising number of violent crimes targeting elderly people. In a number of cases, domestic helps have been suspected.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial, Supreme Court rules (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Rajesh Talwar to remain on bail - Jan 09, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Reply to Aarushi parents' plea, Supreme Court tells CBI - Feb 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012