‘Ek Tha Tiger’ not anti-Pakistan, assures Kabir KhanJuly 11th, 2012 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 11 (IANS) Director Kabir Khan is upset after “Ek Tha Tiger” promos were banned in Pakistan following allegations that it portrays the neighbouring country’s intelligence agency in a bad light. But he says this is a misconception and that his film is neither insensitive nor derogatory.
“I will say it once more… Ek Tha Tiger is NOT anti Pakistan….In this day and age, it’s stupid to make films that are insensitive or derogatory to any country or community,” Kabir tweeted.
The director, who earlier made “Kabul Express” on post-Taliban Afghanistan and won critical acclaim for it, says that jingoistic films lead to such situations.
“This is the price we have to pay because unfortunately our industry has made insensitive and jingoistic films in the past,” he wrote.
According to reports, Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), the country`s media regulatory watchdog, has directed cable operators and satellite TV channels to refrain from airing promos/reviews of the movie till it is issued a no-objection certificate by the Central Board of Film Censors of Pakistan.
PEMRA alleges that the film shows the Pakistani intelligence agency ISI in a bad light.
Produced by Yash Raj Films, “Ek Tha Tiger” features Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif and is coming out Aug 15.
Kabir Khan is confident that the film will be released in Pakistan.
“I am absolutely sure that once the censor board of Pakistan sees ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, they will be more than happy to show the film in Pakistan,” he posted.
“I can assure the millions of fans of Salman in Pakistan that ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ will release in theatres in their country,” he added.
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' will be super hit, predicts Aamir - Jul 12, 2012
- No plans to visit Pakistan: 'Ek Tha Tiger' - Jul 12, 2012
- Salman roars in 'Ek Tha Tiger', teaser gets roaring response - May 11, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' promises full on entertainment (IANS Preview) - Aug 13, 2012
- Kabir Khan calls 'Ek Tha Tiger' complete package - Aug 12, 2012
- Salim Khan feels 'Ek Tha...' is Salman's landmark film - Jul 22, 2012
- No Plans to screen 'Tiger' for late RAW agent's family - Jul 27, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' most watched video on mobiles - Sep 21, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' to release Aug 15 (With Images) - Jun 26, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' expected to break more records - Aug 17, 2012
- Stop creating confusion over copyright issue: Shabana (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2012
- Roshan Seth back with 'Ek Tha Tiger' - Jun 22, 2012
- One can easily fall in love with Katrina: Salman - Jul 13, 2012
- Punjabi film to be released in Pakistan - Aug 26, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' will sustain on content: Kabir Khan - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: board of film censors, cable operators, critical acclaim, ek, electronic media, intelligence agency, kabir khan, kabul express, katrina kaif, misconception, neighbouring country, objection certificate, pakistan electronic media regulatory authority, pemra, promos, s media, salman khan, satellite tv channels, watchdog, yash raj films