‘Ek Deewana Tha…’ is Prateik’s new solo movieSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 22 (IANS) Prateik’s solo hero movie, “Ek Deewana Tha”, is named after a song in the Rishi Kapoor starrer “Karz” and is said to be the young actor’s favourite.
“It’s a line that comes from a favourite song of Prateik…’Ek haseena thi ek deewana tha’. The first three words of the song had already been used as the title of an Urmila Matondkar thriller. The makers of the Prateik starrer decided to use the second part of the ‘Karz’ song for him,” said a source.
The love story, which was earlier titled “Prem Katha”, is a Hindi remake of Tamil filmmaker Gautham Menon’s hit “Vainnaithaandi Varuvaa”; model-actress Amy Jackson plays the female lead.
Prateik, who has dropped his surname Babbar, was apparently keen that the film’s title should be pertinent to his character.
“The original Tamil film was titled ‘Vainnaithaandi Varuvaa’ which means, ‘Will You Cross The Skies & Come?’. Director Menon was thinking of a similar abstract title for the film. In fact, it was to be called ‘Prem Katha’ in Hindi. But then it was decided that the film should have a zany title to go with Prateik’s character,” said the source.
Another factor that played a hand in the film’s re-christening was the Salman Khan. After Salman’s “Ek Tha Tiger”, it was felt that a title with the hero being extolled in the past tense created a sense of nostalgia and excitement.
Vijay Singh the CEO of Fox STAR Studios, which is producing “Ek Deewana Tha”, confirms the title.
Incidentally, a Ranbir Kapoor starrer is named after a song in a film starring his uncle Randhir Kapoor - Ayaan Mukherjee’s film with hims is named “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani”
- I may try my luck with Amy yet again: Prateik - Feb 07, 2012
- Not scared of controversies, says Prateik - Feb 07, 2012
- Prateik, Amy speak about their off-screen chemistry - Feb 04, 2012
- Sunny's 'Singh Sahab the Great' set to go on the floors - Jun 20, 2012
- Javed-Rahman combination best, says Shabana Azmi - Feb 17, 2012
- Rahman unveils romantic album at Taj Mahal - Dec 21, 2011
- Gautham Menon to relaunch Aditya Roy Kapoor - Jan 24, 2012
- Prateik shines in 'Ekk Deewana Tha' (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Feb 18, 2012
- 'Ekk Deewana Tha' about thrills of first love (IANS Preview) - Feb 15, 2012
- Young singers have universal appeal: A.R.Rahman - Dec 23, 2011
- Nothing like a good workout: Prateik - Jan 26, 2012
- Rahman shoots promotional video for film - Jan 25, 2012
- Amy and I? Keep guessing: Prateik - Jan 23, 2012
- Salman inspires 'Zilla Ghaziabad' director to name son Tiger (Movie Snippets) - Aug 21, 2012
- Shahid raises an eyebrow on 'Bipasha' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: abstract title, amy jackson, ayaan, deewana, haseena, hellip, hero movie, hims, karz, katha, model actress, ranbir kapoor, randhir kapoor, rishi kapoor, salman khan, star studios, tamil film, urmila matondkar, vijay singh, young actor