Eight-year-old knifes younger friend to death after quarrelFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) An eight-year-old boy knifed his six-year-old playmate to death - all because of a tiff over a ball. The boy has been sent to a juvenile home, the police said here Monday.The two boys were neighbours in Tughlaqabad area of southeast Delhi. On Sunday evening, the older boy allegedly attacked his friend below the ear and on the neck with a kitchen knife after a quarrel over a plastic ball, the police said.
The victim was rushed to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), where doctors pronounced him dead.
According to the police, the boys are students of a state-run school and their fathers worked as labourers.
“The boys were playing in the victim’s house and apparently had some argument over a plastic ball. The younger boy after a while rushed to his mother in the next room and said his friend had attacked him with a knife,” said a police official.
- Eight-year-old knifes younger friend to death for a ball (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Delhi lad killed for complaining over unpaid loan (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Two minor girls knocked down by teenage boy; one dies - Jun 21, 2012
- Man stabbed to death over Rs.60 - Dec 25, 2011
- Student attacked by classmate to be discharged Thursday - May 17, 2012
- One killed over Rs.2,500 - Oct 25, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Cook dies in kitchen brawl - Oct 18, 2010
- Delhi lad killed for complaining over unpaid loan - Mar 14, 2011
- Two stabbed to death in China - May 11, 2010
- Juvenile strangled over cup of tea - Sep 27, 2011
- Man held for stabbing two friends - Feb 21, 2011
- Man stabbed by friend for stepping on foot - Jan 17, 2011
- Man beheads wife after she gives birth to son - May 04, 2011