Eight women electrocuted in HaryanaAugust 28th, 2010 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 28 (IANS) Eight women were electrocuted and four people were injured in a Haryana village Saturday morning when a high-tension wire fell on the vehicle in which they were travelling, police said.
“There is a report of death of eight women who were travelling in a tractor-trolley to their village. We have sent our team to the spot for investigation,” a police officer said.
“The deceased women had taken a lift in an overloaded tractor-trolley. There were some high-tension wires on the way. One of the women tried to adjust the wires with a sickle and was electrocuted. The other women tried to save her but were also electrocuted,” he added.
The vehicle was passing through Kherla village near Nuh town of Mewat district, around 50 km south of Gurgaon, when the accident took place.
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana, four injured (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 28, 2010
- Nine of wedding party electrocuted in Uttra Pradesh - Apr 28, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Eleven women electrocuted in Haryana's Mewat District - Aug 29, 2010
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Eight killed as tractor-trolley falls into gorge - Jan 23, 2010
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 09, 2010
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll rises to 24 - Feb 09, 2010
- Nine killed as train rams into tractor-tolley (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Anna Hazare supporters sent to jail - Apr 16, 2012
- 2 dead, 10 injured due to electrocution in Rajasthan - Mar 19, 2012
- At least 41 killed in northern India road accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011