Eight women electrocuted in Haryana, four injured (Lead, Changing dateline)August 28th, 2010 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Nuh (Haryana), Aug 28 (IANS) Eight women, including two girls, were electrocuted and four others were injured in a Haryana village Saturday morning when a high-tension wire fell on the vehicle in which they were travelling, police said.
The victims were on a tractor-trolley when they came in contact with loose high-tension electricity wires while travelling in their vehicle. The wires fell on the women.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed shock and grief over the tragedy.
He announced an ex-gratia of Rs.300,000 to the next of kin of each of the deceased and Rs.50,000 each to the injured.
“The deceased women had taken a lift in a tractor-trolley. There were some high tension power wires on their way. One of the women tried to adjust the wires with a sickle and was electrocuted. The other women tried to save her but were also electrocuted,” said a police official here.
Three other girls and a boy were also injured in the accident and were rushed to Nuh town for medical treatment. Two of those who suffered serious injuries, were referred for treatment to New Delhi.
Mewat Deputy Commissioner C.R. Rana said that all the injured were out of danger.
“As the power line wires were loose and the incident occurred because of dereliction of duty, a case has been registered against the power utilities. The power utilities would also give compensation for the deceased on the basis of their age within a week,” Rana added.
The vehicle was passing through Kherla village near Nuh town of Mewat district, around 50 km south of Gurgaon, when the accident took place.
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana - Aug 28, 2010
- Eleven women electrocuted in Haryana's Mewat District - Aug 29, 2010
- Nine of wedding party electrocuted in Uttra Pradesh - Apr 28, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 09, 2010
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll rises to 24 - Feb 09, 2010
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Eight killed as tractor-trolley falls into gorge - Jan 23, 2010
- Six electrocuted in Pakistan - Aug 21, 2010
- 23 killed in two Madhya Pradesh accidents - Aug 01, 2011
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- At least 41 killed in northern India road accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Kite-chasing boy electrocuted - Jan 15, 2012
- Nine killed as train rams into tractor-tolley (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
Tags: chief minister, deputy commissioner, dereliction of duty, ex gratia, grief, gurgaon, high tension wire, hooda, medical treatment, mewat, New Delhi, nuh, police official, power utilities, power wires, rana, rs 50, saturday morning, trolley, two girls