Eight washed away in HimachalJuly 7th, 2012 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 7 (IANS) Eight people were washed away in Himachal Pradesh’s Sirmaur district while crossing a flooded rivulet, police said.
One body was recovered 15 km downstream in neighbouring Haryana’s Yamunanagar district.
The victims were in four vehicles, They got struck while crossing the swollen rivulet in Paonta Sahib area, some 150 km from here, Superintendent of Police Rameshwar Thakur told IANS over telephone.
Deputy Superintendent of Police N.S. Negi said more than 20 people were in the vehicles but most of them managed to save themselves.
- One more body recovered in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Three more bodies recovered in Himachal disaster (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Six of family killed in Himachal accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Tension in Himachal village over inter-caste marriage - Aug 13, 2010
- 12 killed as bus falls into swollen Himachal rivulet - Aug 10, 2011
- Himachal strawberries reap fruits of love! - Feb 12, 2011
- Heavy rains predicted in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- 24 people hit by food poisoning in Himachal - Apr 06, 2011
- Three murders trigger protests in Himachal - Mar 24, 2011
- 10 kg drugs seized in Himachal - Nov 17, 2011
- Four children killed in Himachal house callapse - Aug 17, 2011
- Himachal towns lashed by heavy rains - Jun 30, 2011
- Heavy rains forecast in Himachal hills - Jul 07, 2011