Eight wagons of goods train derailed in Uttar PradeshMarch 15th, 2010 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 15 (IANS) Rail traffic on the busy Lucknow-Delhi route was disrupted Monday after eight wagons of a goods train were derailed in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur district, officials said. No one was reported injured or killed in the accident.
The accident took place near the Mahuni railway station in Sitapur, some 80 km from Lucknow.
“The derailment substantially damaged the tracks. The exact reason behind it is yet to be established, it appears it was due to some technical snag in the train’s brakes,” Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Vishwanath Yadav told reporters in Sitapur.
Senior railway officials have been asked to conduct an enquiry into the accident and submit the report at the earliest, he added.
According to officials, it would take a few hours to repair the tracks and allow the traffic on the route. Work was on under supervision of senior officials.
The goods train was headed for Moradabad from Lucknow.
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 05, 2010
- Rail traffic disrupted as goods train derails - Oct 04, 2011
- Passenger train derails, no casualties - May 03, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 09, 2010
- Goods train jumps rails in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 13, 2010
- Goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 08, 2010
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 10, 2010
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 20, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh, no casualty - Sep 21, 2010
- Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah traffic disrupted - Apr 21, 2010
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 22, 2010
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Another goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 23, 2011
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: brakes, derailment, district officials, enquiry, exact reason, grp, moradabad, rail traffic, railway officials, railway police, railway station, senior officials, sitapur district, supervision, technical snag, vishwanath, wagons, yadav