Eight schoolchildren die in Kerala accidentDecember 4th, 2008 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kannur (Kerala), Dec 4 (IANS) Eight schoolchildren aged between five and nine years were killed in Kerala Thursday when a van ploughed into them as they were returning home from school, officials said. The students belonged to the Irikkur Sree Narayana Primary School at Irikkur, 50 km from here. The vehicle was driven by Abdul Kabeer.
While the eight died instantly, at least 15 others were injured. A few of them are in serious condition.
People in the area apprehend the driver and handed him over to the police.
- Thousands pay tearful farewell to nine children killed in Kerala - Dec 05, 2008
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- Six-year-old dies as school van overturns - Aug 05, 2011
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011
- Violence erupts in Kanpur following road accident - Jul 26, 2010
- Three kids die in China road accident - Mar 26, 2012
- Four school kids killed in China accident - Dec 25, 2011
- Nine dead as Peru van tumbles into ravine - Jan 28, 2012
- Job hopefuls go on hunger strike on Thiru Onam - Aug 29, 2012
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- 10 children hurt as tempo hits school van - Nov 22, 2010
- Two killed in Taiwan road accident - May 08, 2012
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- Toll in Kerala tanker explosion rises to 14 - Sep 01, 2012