Eight killed, six injured in Madhya Pradesh road accidentMay 13th, 2008 - 2:28 am ICT by admin
Bhopal, May 12 (IANS) At least eight people, including a Border Security Force (BSF) trooper and his wife, were killed and six injured when a dumper in which they were travelling overturned in Maharajpur locality of Sagar district Monday, the police said. The dumper carrying ‘gitti’ (gravel-sized stones) was going from Maharajpur to Damoh when some people boarded it. After travelling a few kilometres, it overturned while negotiating a turn.
“Eight people, including three women, were killed on the spot while six were seriously injured. The injured have been admitted to Rehali Hospital where the condition of four of them is reported to be critical. The dead include a BSF jawan Devendra and his wife Kalpana,” said Sagar Additional Police Superintendent Tilak Singh.
The police have registered a case against the owner of the dumper and its driver who is absconding, the police said.
- 11 injured in Noida road accident - Feb 21, 2010
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Seven killed in two Bengal accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Four killed in Darjeeling road accident - Jan 17, 2011
- Seventeen killed as truck overturns in Gujarat - Nov 02, 2010
- Seven killed in South Africa road accident - Aug 22, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacks - Jun 27, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Six passengers die in Bengal accident - Aug 20, 2011
- 15 dead, 30 wounded in Pakistan bus accident - May 26, 2012
- Eight killed in road accident - Nov 15, 2010
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012