Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accidentJanuary 21st, 2011 - 12:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh), Jan 21 (IANS) Eight people were killed and 20 injured when a speeding truck rammed into their tractor trolley in this Uttar Pradesh district while they were returning from a funeral, police said Friday.The accident took place late Thursday in Rasda town, when the truck ploughed into the tractor trolley.
“While five people died on the spot, three succumbed to their injuries this (Friday) morning at a hospital,” police inspector Bachcha Paswam told reporters in Ballia, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“All the injured are being treated at the district hospital. The condition of three-four people is stated to be serious,” he said.
The accident victims belong to Ballia’s Souropur village and were returning from a funeral.
The bus driver escaped after the accident and the police are yet to nab him.
- Five pilgrims killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - May 13, 2011
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- Five die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 30, 2011
- Six kanwarias killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 06, 2010
- Nine kanwarias killed in road accidents (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- 15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 28, 2011
- Eight die in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 12, 2011
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Eight die as truck overturns on hut - Dec 17, 2010
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011
- Returning from marriage, eight of family killed in accident - May 12, 2011