Eight killed in Pakistan blast (Second Lead)May 28th, 2011 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 28 (IANS) At least eight people were killed and 12 injured Saturday morning when Pakistani Taliban triggered a remote-controlled blast in the northwest tribal region bordering Afghanistan, a media report said.
The blast took place at a marketplace in Salarzai area of Bajaur Agency, Geo News reported.
Citing local Urdu TV channel ARY, Xinhua reported that the blast took place at about 10.55 a.m. inside a tea shop where some anti-Taliban local tribal leaders were sitting together.
It was a planted bomb, witnesses said, adding that seven shops near the blast site were also destroyed.
The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan later claimed responsibility for the explosion.
Located along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border, Bajaur is one of the seven tribal areas, which constantly face terrorist attacks.
- Eight killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Pakistan blast: 31 killed, Taliban claims responsibility - Sep 15, 2011
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- One dead in Pakistan blast - Feb 15, 2012
- Taliban blows up two more primary schools in FATA - Jul 06, 2010
- Suicide attack in Pakistan affront to humanity: Obama (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Police vehicle attacked in Pakistan - Dec 17, 2011
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- NATO commander meets Pakistan army chief - Sep 10, 2011
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Four die in Pakistan blast - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: afghanistan, ary, bajaur agency, bomb, explosion, geo news, islamabad, marketplace, pakistan, saturday morning, taliban, tea shop, terrorist attacks, tribal areas, tribal leaders, tv channel, xinhua