Eight killed in Chhattisgarh road accidentApril 29th, 2009 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 29 (IANS) At least eight people, including two women and a four-year-old boy, were killed and 18 seriously injured in Chhattisgarh’s Raipur district Wednesday when the bus they were travelling in hit a tree and turned turtle, police said.
The accident took place in Mainpur area, some 125 km from here, when the driver of the speeding private bus lost control and hit a huge tree, said Lambodar Patel, in-charge of the Mainpur police station.
“It was a tragic road accident as the bus was split into two after hitting the big tree and the bodies of seven passengers, besides the driver, were dismembered which made it difficult for us to establish the identify of the victims,” Patel told IANS over phone.
The bus owned by Sharda Travels was going from Raipur to Devbhog, which is near the border with Orissa, the official added.
The injured have been admitted to government hospitals at Mainpur, Gariaband and Raipur, he said.
- Four killed as Chhattisgarh Congress chief's convoy ambushed - Jul 21, 2011
- Congress wants president's rule in Chhattisgarh - Jul 21, 2011
- Stop diamond firm from mining in Chhattisgarh: Ajit Jogi - Sep 19, 2011
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- Maoists kill forest official in Chhattisgarh - Mar 22, 2011
- Two CRPF sub-inspectors killed in Dantewada road mishap - Mar 26, 2011
- Two Chhattisgarh cops killed in accident - Sep 03, 2011
- Forest official killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Forest official killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh (Third Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Diamond reserve in Chhattisgarh under Maoist control - Jun 20, 2010
- 19 killed in Iran traffic accident - Sep 02, 2012
- Maoists' strike hits life in two Chhattisgarh districts - Nov 27, 2009
- Three students crushed by bus in Chhattisgarh - Aug 19, 2010
- Forest official killed by Maoists in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Maoist strike hits life, iron ore shipment in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010