Eight killed in Brazil bus accidentAugust 17th, 2008 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Aug 17 (IANS) At least eight people were killed and 23 injured when the bus they were tarvelling in fell into a ravine in Brazil’s Amazon region, Spain’s EFE news agency reported Sunday. The accident took place Saturday morning on a highway near the border with Venezuela, highway patrol officials said.
The driver lost control of the bus while trying to avoid a head-on collision with a truck coming from the opposite direction on a curve, officials said.
There were 37 passengers on board the bus at the time of the accident. Rescuers have retrieved eight bodies from the site. The injured were rushed to a hospital.
Seven people were killed on the spot, while a 44-year-old woman died following a heart attack while being taken to the hospital in Mucajai, an official said.
- 25 die in Brazil accident - Mar 06, 2011
- 10 killed, 99 injured in Brazil accident - Aug 13, 2012
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- Seven killed, 80 injured in Pakistan road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- 22 die in Brazil road accident - Mar 05, 2011
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- 15 killed in Peru road accident (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- 13 killed in Pakistan, as bus falls into deep ravine - Jun 06, 2011
- After accident, Haryana district to regulate traffic - Apr 29, 2011