Eight injured in Orissa bomb blastMay 15th, 2009 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 15 (IANS) At least eight people were injured in Orissa’s Malkangiri district when a bomb planted by Maoists in a field went off Friday, police said.
The incident took place near MPV 26 village, some 660 km from here, in a groundnut field.
Police suspect the bomb was planted by the rebels after the first phase of general elections April 16 to target security personnel whom they believed would pass through the area.
“The bomb went off when the labourers were working in the field,” District Superintendent of Police Satyabrata Bhoi told IANS, adding that two of the eight injured were critical.
Maoists are active in more than half of Orissa’s 30 districts.
- Four students hurt in Orissa school blast - Dec 18, 2010
- Maoists loot construction material in Orissa - Nov 10, 2009
- Maoists blow up police post in Orissa - May 31, 2009
- Maoists torch excavator in Odisha - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoist held for Orissa leader's murder - Sep 27, 2009
- Maoists damage cell phone towers in Orissa - Jul 28, 2009
- Maoists kill BJP worker in Orissa - Sep 03, 2011
- SPO shot dead by Maoists in Odisha - Jul 29, 2012
- Maoists set ablaze construction machine in Orissa - Jul 05, 2011
- CRPF trooper arrested for Maoist links - Jan 29, 2011
- Hostage crisis: Maoist bandh hits life in Orissa - Feb 21, 2011
- Jailed Maoists launch hunger-strike in Orissa - Apr 11, 2011
- Maoist violence in Bihar - to protest Obama (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Two Maoists held in Odisha - Jan 28, 2012
- Maoist shutdown hits life in Orissa district - Apr 28, 2011