Eight foreigners killed in terror attack, 22 injured: officialNovember 28th, 2008 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 28 (IANS) Eight foreigners have been killed and 22 injured in the terror attack in Mumbai, M.L. Kumawat, secretary-internal security, said Friday, adding that one more contingent of the crack National Security Guard (NSG) is being sent to the city to join in the gunbattle with the terrorists. Kumawat also said that two NSG commandos were killed in the operations - one commando was killed in Nariman House and a major, Sandeep Unnikrishnan, killed in the Taj.
Among the eight foreigners killed were three Germans and one Japanese, Canadian and Australian each.
He also said that the Oberoi Trident had been “fully secured” and all guests taken out.
Two NSG units were already in Mumbai and the total number of security forces involved in the operation were 477. However, the NSG were handling the main firefight with the terrorists, he said.
He also revealed that the terrorists were using Chinese-made hand grenades.