Eight foreigners held in Delhi with seven kg heroinApril 14th, 2009 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Tuesday arrested eight foreign nationals in the capital and recovered seven kg heroin, worth Rs.70 million in the international market, from them, an official said.
The arrested were five Nigerian men, two Mozambique women and a Thai woman.
The Nigerian men were identified as Jude Chidiebere, 26, Solomon, 27, Goson Augustine, 33, Godfrey, 28, and Vincent, 25. The Mozambican women were identified as Maria Luisa, 26, and Isabel Bonifacio, 26, while the Thai was identified as Supattra, 24.
The seven were arrested from Santgarh in Tilak Nagar area of west Delhi and seven kg of heroin originating from southwest Asian countries seized from them.
It is the first time that such a large number of foreign nationals has been arrested in Delhi on charges of drug trafficking.
“The modus operandi of the syndicate was to conceal the drugs in suitcases and articles of daily use and then dispatch the contraband to various destinations in South Africa, Australia and Europe by using South African, Thai or Nigerian female couriers,” said NCB Director (Delhi Zone) Sandeep Mittal.
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with 2.5 kg heroin - Apr 29, 2010
- Drugs seized, five arrested - Aug 08, 2011
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- 10 kg heroin seized in Punjab, 3 held - Feb 02, 2011
- Hashish worth Rs.32 lakh seized, two held - Dec 27, 2010
- Two foreigners held in drugs case - May 16, 2010
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Three get 16-year jail for drug smuggling - Jul 30, 2011
- Cocaine chronicles: Metros see steep rise in party drugs - Nov 09, 2011
- Woman drug peddler arrested in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Two foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.3 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Nigerian held with six kg heroin - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: africa australia, asian countries, bonifacio, couriers, delhi zone, drug trafficking, foreign nationals, heroin, maria luisa, mittal, mozambican, mozambique women, narcotics control bureau, ncb, nigerian men, sandeep, suitcases, thai woman, west delhi, worth rs