Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accidentNovember 6th, 2011 - 10:06 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 6 (IANS) At least eight people, including a three-year-old child, were killed and many injured early Sunday when a bus caught fire after hitting a tanker lorry near Erode in Tamil Nadu, police said.
Five people, including the bus driver, died at the accident spot inside the bus and three succumbed later, police said.
The bus on its way to Kerala from Bangalore hit the tanker around 3.45 a.m. on the National Highway 47, they said. Erode is around 405 km from Chennai.
At least 23 injured were admitted to the Erode General Hospital.
Police said the lorry with no major damage stopped at some distance from the accident spot.
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- Ten burnt to death in bus-lorry collision in Tamil Nadu - Sep 08, 2010
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- NATO oil tanker crashes into van in Afghanistan, killing 7 - Apr 07, 2012
- 10 killed, five hurt in Maharashtra road accident - Jan 23, 2011
- Bus accident kills five in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2012
- Four killed in Kashmir highway accident - Jun 04, 2012
- 22 charred to death in Tamil Nadu bus accident (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012