Eight dead in Spanish road accidentAugust 18th, 2008 - 12:57 pm ICT by IANS
Castellon (Spain), Aug 18 (IANS) At least eight people have been killed and 45 injured when a bus they were travelling in crashed on a highway near the tourist resort of Oropesa del Mar, some 20 km from this eastern Spanish city, EFE reported. The accident occurred Sunday when the driver lost control after one of the tyres of the vehicle deflated, police said.
Among the dead were five women and a boy, the Emergency Information and Coordination Centre in Castellon said, adding that the toll could rise as at least six of the injured were “in very critical condition”.
Two helicopters were dispatched to the crash site to transport the victims, as were Red Cross personnel and emergency officials to help coordinate rescue and recovery efforts with local authorities.
The highway had been closed to traffic heading to Valencia till rescue operations were completed.
- 19 dead in Peru bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- 16 die in Russian plane crash - Apr 02, 2012
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Mexico: 14 sugarcane workers killed in Jalisco truck accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- 22 killed in road accident in southern Pakistan - Nov 13, 2011
- Spain take 2-0 lead in Davis Cup quarterfinal - Apr 07, 2012
- Seven dead, 38 hurt in Japan accident - Apr 30, 2012
- Five die in US chopper crash - Dec 08, 2011
- 22 children killed in Switzerland bus accident (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- 28 Belgians die in Swiss bus accident (Third Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Markets continue to hammer Spanish debt - Jul 24, 2012
- Advani's rath damaged on bridge - Oct 12, 2011
- 11 Hungarians dead in Egypt accident - Nov 07, 2011
- Toll in Turkey quake rises to 459 - Oct 26, 2011