Eight arrested in Noida for rapeJanuary 15th, 2009 - 12:43 am ICT by IANS
Noida, Jan 14 (IANS) Eight people were arrested here Wednesday for allegedly abducting and raping a Delhi University student earlier this month, police said.They were arrested from an under-construction building in Sector 63 after a tip-off, Superintendent of Police Ashok Tripathi said.
The arrested men have confessed the crime, said Naveen Arora, senior superintendent of police, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
Those arrested are Rakesh Sharma, Kapil and Mintu Bhati of Loni, Kamal of Badalpur, Rohit and Pappi from Bisrakh, Amit Bhati from Greater Noida and Vijay from Acheja, Badalpur.
The 20-year-old daughter of a government employee was kidnapped on the night of Jan 4 by the accused in a Santro car from a Sector 55 market.
The victim’s mother said she had gone with her daughter and a neighbour to a Sunday market at about 11 p.m. for shopping when a white Santro car stopped near them. The accused took her daughter forcibly into the car, according to the police.
- Two held for bid to abduct doctor - Dec 08, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Two held for killing techie in Greater Noida - Aug 21, 2010
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister's kin arrested - Jul 07, 2011
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Ghaziabad councillor found murdered - Jul 22, 2011
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Woman raped on pretext of job interview - Jan 07, 2012
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Groom killed in celebratory firing - Feb 18, 2010
- Three arrested, 17 pistols recovered in Noida - Sep 22, 2010
- Businessman kills abductor, escapes - Dec 15, 2010
- Two car thieves held, eight vehicles recovered - Apr 23, 2011
- Budding engineers among seven held for robberies - Jan 05, 2011