Eight arrested after clash in Uttar PradeshSeptember 30th, 2008 - 3:24 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 30 (IANS) Eight people have been arrested following a sectarian clash in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar district, police said Tuesday.The incident took place Monday night in Joli village in Muzaffarnagar, over 400 km from Lucknow, District Superintendent of Police B.D. Paulson told IANS on telephone.
Two groups of Muslims clashed after heated arguments over criticism of their respective religious leaders, police said.
Members of the two sects also resorted to firing in which five people were injured, police added.
“The injured are recuperating in a hospital. Senior police officials including the DIG (deputy inspector general) of Saharanpur range are camping in the village,” said Paulson.
- Two Muslim groups clash, one injured - Dec 17, 2010
- Seven passengers killed as bus falls into pit - Apr 06, 2011
- 50 held for Uttar Pradesh communal clash - Aug 10, 2011
- Communal clash leaves one dead, 10 injured - Aug 31, 2011
- Farmers clash with police, stop trains in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh cane growers clash with police, stop trains (Second Lead) - Nov 09, 2009
- Five injured in communal clash - Aug 25, 2011
- Farmers clash with police in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 26, 2009
- Farmers clash with police, stop trains in Uttar Pradesh (Second Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
- Villagers clash with security guards, 10 hurt - Nov 08, 2010
- Protesting teachers stop train in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 27, 2010
- Four injured as communities clash in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 06, 2011
- Five women drown as vehicle plunges into canal - Sep 03, 2011
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Congress leader shot at in Uttar Pradesh, injured critically - Nov 11, 2010