Eight abducted by Maoists in JharkhandMarch 20th, 2009 - 2:02 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 20 (IANS) Eight labourers working in a brick factory were abducted by Maoist rebels in Palamau district of Jharkhand, police said Friday.
Around 30 rebels of the Maoist group Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) abducted the labourers Thursday night from the brick factory in Vishrampur town, about 200 km from here.
Police said the TPC had demanded money from the owner of the brick factory but he had refused to pay up. So, the rebels decided to abduct his workers.
On Monday, the TPC had abducted six villagers in Latehar district. They were later set free.
Maoists are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state. About 1,450 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the last eight years.
- Maoists free eight abducted labourers (Lead) - Mar 20, 2009
- Two Maoists arrested - Feb 09, 2012
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Nov 13, 2010
- Maoist court sentences two to death in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2011
- Four Maoists arrested in Jharkhand (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- BJP leader, labourer killed by Maoists (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- Six Jharkhand villagers abducted in Maoist rivalry - Mar 17, 2009
- BJP leader shot dead by Maoists in Jharkhand - Aug 05, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 02, 2011
- Policeman killed in gunfight with Maoists - Sep 25, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jun 26, 2010
- Maoists beat man to death in Jharkhand - Sep 13, 2009
- Seven Maoist rebels arrested after gun battle in Jharkhand - Sep 03, 2009
- One Maoist rebel killed in Jharkhand - Jun 11, 2009
- Maoists kill businessman in Jharkhand - Jun 28, 2010