Eicher rides non-compete revenue, net up 205 percentOctober 29th, 2008 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 29 (IANS) Eicher Motors Wednesday posted a net profit of Rs.429 million ($9.5 million), up from Rs.140 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2008-09.The 205 percent growth in net was mainly accounted for the Rs.393.5 million the company received from Swedish automaker AB Volvo as part of a non-compete arrangement.
The two companies signed a join venture agreement in May for manufacturing light and medium commercial vehicles. As part of the pact, the Indian automaker relinquished its own medium and light commercial vehicle business and received the non-competing amount.
The company’s total operating income came down from $1.23 billion in the second quarter of the last fiscal to $1.09 billion in the corresponding period of the current fiscal.
- Volvo Eicher eyes 15 percent share of heavy commercial vehicles market - May 11, 2012
- HDFC quarterly net profit rises 10 percent - Jan 12, 2012
- Volvo ropes in Srei BNP Paribas to offer finance - May 11, 2011
- Bajaj Auto net profit soars 163 percent - May 18, 2011
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Tata Motors Q2 consolidated net profit down 15.55 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- Tata Motors scrip down on concerns over JLR - May 30, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Magma Fincorp joins hands with VE Commercial Vehicles - Mar 08, 2010
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- Bata India's Q1 net up 58 percent - Jul 28, 2011
- HDFC Bank third quarter net profit up 31.2 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Srei Infra's Q3 net slips by 51.8 percent - Feb 03, 2012
- Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 crore - Aug 06, 2012