Egypt road accident kills 10August 17th, 2008 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Cairo, Aug 17 (Xinhua) At least 10 people were killed and 11 others injured Sunday when the minibus in which they were travelling rammed into a truck ahead in northern Egypt, a media report said. The accident took place near Delta city, the official MENA news agency reported.
Road accidents are common in Egypt, which claim at least 6,000 lives annually, the report said.
Recently, the authorities have implemented a new traffic law to punish lawbreakers.
- Five killed in Istanbul accident - Oct 22, 2011
- 11 Hungarians dead in Egypt accident - Nov 07, 2011
- Egypt road accident toll rises to 51 (Lead) - Dec 15, 2008
- Nine killed in Zambia bus accident - Jul 20, 2012
- 47 killed in Egypt road accident - Dec 14, 2008
- US tourists kidnapped, released in Egypt - Feb 04, 2012
- 20 killed in South Africa accident - Nov 15, 2011
- Nine killed in China road accident - Aug 17, 2012
- 17 dead in Egypt road accidents - Aug 25, 2010
- Ferry capsizes in Egypt, 22 killed - Apr 29, 2011
- At least 8 killed in northern China minibus crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Three dead in Suez Canal blast - Mar 27, 2012
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 12 dead in Egyptian families' quarrel - Jun 11, 2012