Efron didn’t cash in on successMay 7th, 2012 - 4:35 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 7 (IANS) Actor Zac Efron says he did not cash in on his “High School Musical” success because he wanted to focus on his craft.
“There were several avenues I could have gone down after ‘High School Musical’, but I looked at the long term,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
“I wanted to do this for a long time, so I wanted to make this transition slowly. It wasn’t so much about keeping the fans but about making sure I was able to focus on my craft and really take a step back, work hard, work with great directors and have a graceful transition,” he said.
“I didn’t cash in or take the easier route but really focused on learning as I grow. I’m still learning. I’m just very lucky,” he said.
- Zac Efron admits visiting strip club - Jul 30, 2010
- Efron's excitement over kissing scenes - Apr 17, 2012
- Vanessa Hudgens blames busy schedule for Zac Efron split - Mar 16, 2011
- Efron donates to charity for film crew's haircut - Dec 25, 2010
- Zac Efron Is Teresa Palmer's New Beau? - Feb 06, 2011
- Zac Efron dislikes 'heartthrob' title - Apr 02, 2012
- Efron blown away by Taylor Schilling - Apr 23, 2012
- No marriage plans till I'm 30: Zac Efron - Jul 20, 2010
- Zac Efron launches production company - Jul 30, 2010
- Playing a perfect guy annoyed Efron - Apr 06, 2012
- Efron fancied his babysitter - Mar 01, 2012
- Zac Efron gets buzz cut for new flick, inspires film crew to follow suit - Dec 24, 2010
- Zac Efron wants to do theatre - Jul 01, 2010
- Efron feels awkward standing next to Hudgens - Oct 11, 2010
- Efron wants to be daredevil - Apr 19, 2012