ECB security expert arrives in ChennaiDecember 3rd, 2008 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 3 (IANS) England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) security expert Reg Dickason began his safety assessment of the two venues here Wednesday for the Test series. Dickason met the Commissioner of Police and other officials at Police headquarters here, Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary N. Srinivasan said Wednesday.
“Dickason will proceed to Mohali for discussions with Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) and then make his report to ECB,” said Srinivasan, who had discussions with Dickason.
“Based on the discussions held and the clarifications given, BCCI expects no problem with the first Test being held in Chennai on Dec 11,” he added.
The second Test too has been rescheduled to Mohali from Dec 19.
ECB is waiting a green signal from Dickason to decide whether they are going to come back. England cut short its one-day series and flew back home Saturday after the terror attacks in Mumbai.
- Dickason reaches Chandigarh, meets police officials - Dec 09, 2008
- ECB gives nod to second cricket Test at Mohali - Dec 10, 2008
- BCCI hopeful that Test series will go ahead - Dec 03, 2008
- Mohali Test on, ECB gives green signal (Lead) - Dec 10, 2008
- England security expert Dickason to visit Mohali Monday - Dec 05, 2008
- India and England cricket boards to celebrate 100th Test - Jul 20, 2011
- England fly to Abu Dhabi Thursday en route to India - Dec 04, 2008
- PCA hopeful of hosting second Test against England - Dec 08, 2008
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- BCCI changes venue, waits for ECB security experts' clearance(Round-up) - Dec 01, 2008
- Indian, English security officials inspect Mohali Cricket Stadium - Dec 10, 2008
- England cricketers undecided on India tour - Dec 04, 2008
- Lbw decisions won't be reviewed in India-England series - Jul 20, 2011
- Cannot make exceptions for Sahara in IPL: BCCI president (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012