EC to register case against Raman SinghNovember 20th, 2008 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur/New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) The Election Commission will lodge a case against Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh for campaigning for his Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) even after campaigning hours had ended.Acting on a complaint from independent candidate Virendra Pandey that Singh spoke on two local FM radio channels, the Commission asked officials to file a case in a police station.
State Chief Electoral Officer Alok Shukla said: “We will move an application to a judicial magistrate with a request to grant permission to investigate the case.”
“After inquiry, we decided to lodge a case against Raman Singh under section 126 of the Representation of People’s Act,” Shukla added.
Pandey quit the BJP early this month. He is contesting against Industries Minister Rajesh Munat from Raipur City West seat.
- Election panel to file police case against Raman Singh - Nov 20, 2008
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled - Feb 18, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cabinet reshuffled (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Chhattisgarh assembly stalled over 'dam sell-out' - Mar 03, 2011
- Chhattisgarh ministers appear for 'test' before Gadkari - Aug 11, 2011
- Chhattisgarh ministers fail to disclose assets - Dec 22, 2011
- Raman Singh sends Rs.1 crore defamation notice to media houses - Dec 15, 2011
- Chhattisgarh assembly stalled over 'dam sell-out' (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Medicines rushed for abducted Menon amid uncertainty over talks (Second Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Chhattisgarh minister booked for threatening to kill rival - Nov 07, 2008
- Chhattisgarh's prime farm lands caught in 'power' grab - Mar 02, 2011
- BJP leaders meet in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2012
- GMR Energy faces court case over Chhattisgarh project - Sep 08, 2011
- Raman Singh speaks to freed collector on phone - May 03, 2012
- Hours before poll panel's arrival, Rs.85 lakh seized in Punjab - Dec 26, 2011