Earthquake rocks Kashmir ValleyFebruary 20th, 2009 - 11:44 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Feb 20 (IANS) An earthquake of moderate intensity rocked the Kashmir Valley Friday morning, triggering panic among residents.
“The earthquake occurred at 9.18 a.m. and measured 5.5 on the Richter scale,” T.K. Jotshi, assistant director of the weather office here, told IANS.
“Its epicentre was 34.3 degrees north latitude and 73.9 east longitude near the India-Pakistan border in Kashmir,” he added.
“I was in my bedroom when the bed started rocking. I ran out of my home in panic,” said Bashir Ahmed, a doctor who lives on the outskirts of Srinagar.
- Earthquake hits Kashmir, northern Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 20, 2009
- Moderate intensity tremor rocks Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Moderate earthquake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 14, 2012
- Quake rocks Kashmir - Sep 24, 2011
- Moderate quake recorded in Kashmir - Apr 01, 2011
- Moderate intensity quake rocks Kashmir - Mar 31, 2012
- 5.7 magnitude earthquake in Kashmir - Mar 21, 2011
- 5.6 magnitude quake felt in Kashmir Valley - Jul 19, 2012
- Earthquake jolts Kashmir - Jul 27, 2011
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- Magnitude 4.9 quake hits Kashmir valley - May 14, 2011
- Moderate quake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Mar 23, 2011
- Moderate intensity quake jolts Kashmir (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Moderate tremors felt in north India (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- 5.6-magniude quake jolts Pakistan - Mar 21, 2011