Earthquake jolts northwestern PakistanAugust 2nd, 2008 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 2 (IANS) A mild earthquake measuring 4.7 on the Richter scale Saturday jolted the Swat valley in northwestern Pakistan, IRNA news agency reported. The epicenter of the quake was located at some 300 km north of provincial capital Peshawar in the Hindu Kush mountain range in Afghanistan, the Peshawar-based Meteorological department, said.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
The Swat valley is considered an earthquake prone area.
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Moderate quake recorded in Kashmir - Apr 01, 2011
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits Pakistan - Jan 24, 2011
- Earthquake jolts Pakistan - Feb 28, 2010
- Quake hits Pakistan - Aug 24, 2010
- Magnitude 4.9 quake hits Kashmir valley - May 14, 2011
- Moderate intensity quake in Kashmir Valley - Feb 04, 2012
- 6.3 magnitude quake rocks Kashmir - Jul 12, 2012
- Quake hits India's northeast (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 01, 2012
- Moderate earthquake jolts Pakistan - Oct 11, 2010
- Moderate intensity quake rocks Kashmir - Mar 31, 2012
- Earthquake measuring 6.2 rocks Islamabad, upper parts of Pakistan - Feb 28, 2010