Earthquake in northeastJuly 15th, 2012 - 4:10 pm ICT by IANS
Kohima, July 15 (IANS) A 5.4 magnitude earthquake hit Nagaland and three other north-eastern states in the wee hours of Sunday triggering panic. No casualties have been reported.
According to Regional Seismological Centre in Shillong, the quake occurred at 1.25 a.m. The epicentre was in Kohima, the capital of Nagaland.
The tremor was felt in almost all the districts of Nagaland.
Besides Nagaland and Manipur, tremors were felt in Meghalaya, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
“The tremor woke me up and I ran out as after the ground shook for nearly 20 seconds,” one Abe Mero said.
Kohima district police chief Rothihu Tetso said there had been no reports of any damage.
An earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale with its epicentre in the Phek district of Nagaland had hit the region Jul 1.
- Quake hits India's northeast (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 01, 2012
- Two earthquakes hit northeastern states (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Low-intensity quake in northeast - Sep 07, 2012
- Quake jolts northeast India - Aug 19, 2012
- 5.4-magnitude quake rocks Assam, Meghalaya (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Quake rocks northeast India - Nov 21, 2011
- Three quakes hit Meghalaya, Assam - Jul 27, 2010
- Quake hits three northeastern states - Dec 12, 2010
- Small earthquake rocks Assam - Feb 23, 2010
- Tremor jolts northeast, third quake in three weeks - Aug 31, 2009
- Tremor jolts Northeast, fourth quake in three weeks - Sep 04, 2009
- Quake rocks northeast, buildings damaged in Guwahati (Lead) - Dec 29, 2009
- Quake rattles Maharashtra - Sep 19, 2011
- Mild tremors in Uttarakhand (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Nagaland Chief Minister's aide escapes attack - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: abe, arunachal pradesh, assam, casualties, district police, eastern states, epicentre, kohima, magnitude earthquake, manipur, meghalaya, mero, nagaland, police chief, richter scale, seismological centre, shillong, tremor, tremors, wee hours