E-management training programme for Waqf boardsFebruary 15th, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 15 (IANS) In a step towards e-management of properties affiliated to Muslim shrines and mosques, the Minorities Affairs Ministry Monday began a three-day training programme here to familiarise Waqf board officers with computerisation and digitisation of records.
The programme will train Waqf board officers in digital accounting, auditing and budgeting, an official statement said.
Twenty-seven officers from 17 state Waqf boards are participating in the programme at R.C.V.P. Norohana Academy of Administration and Management in the Madhya Pradesh capital.
The ministry said the programme was “an important milestone towards the computerisation of all the state Waqf boards and creating e-management”.
The plan for computerisation of records of Waqf properties was launched by Minority Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid in New Delhi Dec 22 last year.
“It will introduce implementation of a web based centralized application module for Waqf management. The scheme is being implemented by National Informatics Centre (NIC) on turnkey basis under the supervision of the Central Waqf Council,” the statement said.
There are 29 Waqf boards in the country constituted by the respective state governments and more than 3.5 lakh properties affiliated to shrines and mosques are registered with them.
The government aims to optimise the income from the Waqf properties and has introduced various measures in this direction.
The Bhopal training programme was inaugurated by Sundeep Khanna, director general of the academy.
- Government committed to minorities welfare: Khurshid - Jan 18, 2010
- Religious endowment officials to get trained in Bhopal - Dec 27, 2009
- Pataudi carved a special place in Bhopal history - Sep 23, 2011
- Muslim Personal Law Board slams Khursheed - Jul 16, 2012
- Government to implement more minority welfare schemes - Jun 09, 2010
- Saba Pataudi becomes first woman patron of Waqf properties - Oct 02, 2011
- Right to education in Madhya Pradesh from April 1 - Mar 21, 2010
- Centre for fast resolution of Waqf property disputes - Mar 15, 2011
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Leakages to be plugged before food security implemented - Jun 10, 2012
- Annual conference of state minorities commissions concludes - Mar 18, 2011
- Mamata announces Rs.1,000 for muezzins - May 02, 2012
- No religion-based reservation, says Mamata - May 18, 2012
- Defence ministry launches land audit to curb scams - May 05, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Church battles property control - Mar 27, 2010
Tags: affairs minister, affairs ministry, application module, centralized application, computerisation, digitisation, khurshid, madhya pradesh, management training, milestone, minority affairs, mosques, muslim shrines, national informatics centre, national informatics centre nic, New Delhi, salman, state governments, training programme, turnkey basis