Dwayne Bravo to take part in Big BashNovember 28th, 2011 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Port-of-Spain (Trinidad), Nov 28 (IANS-CMC) All-rounder Dwayne Bravo, who was recently sidelined with an ankle injury, is to play in the Australia Big Bash Twenty-20 League next month.
Bravo took part in the Big Bash League last year for Victoria and missed this country’s campaign in the regional T20 tournament. However, on this occasion, he will be able to play in both tournaments.
Bravo revealed that he would be leaving Dec 10 for Australia and returning Jan 7 to take part in the 2012 Caribbean Twenty20 championship that will be played Jan 9-22 in Trinidad and Barbados.
“I will be flying out to Australia for the Big Bash but this time around I will also be available for Trinidad & Tobago in the regional series, as we look to defend our title,” Bravo said.
Bravo and fellow all-rounder Keiron Pollard, as well as Jamaican Chris Gayle could not represent the West Indies in T20 cricket this year because they missed the domestic tournament.
Last Thursday, Bravo took to the nets for the first time since the Champions League in India, as he tested his injured ankle.
“My ankle injury has healed and it stood up well during training. Last week it felt very sore but it is now fine and the stiffness is gone. I am now focussing on strengthening exercises and trying to get in as much practice before I leave for Australia,” he said.
Bravo is also looking forward to get back into the top flight of cricket.
“I am working towards getting back into the international scene. I have to time my return well as for now I will be taking it easy and gradually intensifying. My recovery has been good so far and I don’t want to push it too early.”
- Former T&T; captain Daren Ganga dropped for domestic T20 - Dec 09, 2011
- No injuries following crash, says Bravo - Jul 28, 2012
- World T20: Dwayne Bravo welcomes favourite tag - Sep 20, 2012
- Darren Bravo eagerly eyeing World T20 return - Sep 04, 2012
- West Indies bring back Darren Bravo for T20 World Cup - Aug 23, 2012
- Bravo hopes to makes a splash in Big Bash - Dec 14, 2011
- Badree gets nod ahead of Benn in Windies squad - Jun 25, 2012
- Pollard shrugs off favourites tag - Sep 06, 2012
- Bangladesh seek confidence booster ahead of World T20 - Sep 05, 2012
- Injury prone Jerome Taylor to play in SPL - Jul 06, 2012
- We can go all the way: Chris Gayle - Sep 13, 2012
- Offie Sunil Narine in Dwayne Bravo captained West Indies A - Nov 01, 2011
- Gayle returns to Sydney for Big Bash T20 - Jul 24, 2012
- Rejuvenated Dwayne Bravo eyes Test return - Jul 05, 2012
- T&T; aims to qualify for main stage of CL T20 - Sep 14, 2011
Tags: ankle injury, champions league, chris gayle, cricket, dwayne bravo, jan 7, keiron, last thursday, port of spain, port of spain trinidad, regional series, returning jan, rounder, stiffness, strengthening exercises, title bravo, top flight, trinidad tobago, twenty20, west indies